Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Does This Documentary Have in Common With a Zombie Classic?

One of my all time favorite movies is "Return of the Living Dead (1985)". I even like the crazy punk/rock/thrasher soundtrack. One of the most memorable songs was "Burn the Flames" by Roky Erickson.



For years I never knew anything about Roky Erickson except that he had a song on the Return of the Living Dead soundtrack. Then I caught a documentary about him called "You're Gonna Miss Me (2005)". Turns out he was the lead singer in an influential psychadelic rock band called The 13th Floor Elevators. The documentary is about his battle with schizophrenia. It's gotta be hereditary, because his mom is batsh*t crazy! Sundance airs this doc occasionally, I highly recommend watching it if you can catch it, but it is disturbing at times.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about this one. Seems kinda dark, to me.

    ReplyDelete